At Capçanes, in the southern part of Priorat, the land and people have a long history of winemaking. Celler Capçanes was founded by a few families back in 1933.
Market needs changed and so did Celler Capçanes. Later on they realized quantity and pooled resources was not enough and so they decided to grow even further.
Celler Capçanes managed to convince 80 different people from their village to invest in the winery and started making a kosher wine, under Mevushal method, that happened to knock down some borders and be a huge success. Actually, 5% of what is bottled annually is kosher and the other 95% is a wide arrange of young, semi crianza and higher end wines.
Celler Capçanes loves to put the best expression of the village in which they work in each of these bottles, and to do so they have an incredible team behind it.
From the farmers working the vineyards, to the staff at the cellar and the winemaker, Anna Rovira, who all make possible the magic of their wines, without forgetting of course, the dedication and passion that all of them put in what they do.