The Maison François Martenot cultivates the vines and vinifies the most wonderful appellations in Greater Bourgogne with a driving desire to reveal the full expression of the terroirs and the celebrated climats (listed among UNESCO's World Heritage sites), from Chablis in the north to the more southerly Crus of the Beaujolais.
Our Maison was founded at the beginning of the 20th century when Lucien Gustave Martenot purchased a 10-hectare estate in Savigny-lès-Beaune.
The estate had been created in 1859 by Monsieur Léonce Bocquet, then the sole owner of the Château du Clos Vougeot and a fervent supporter of Bourgogne and its cultural heritage. The estate developed further with the acquisition of neighbouring land and considerable work was undertaken to plant vines and build homes.
In July 1922, Lucien Gustave Martenot bought the estate to turn it into a great Bourgogne wine house.As his successor, his daughter, Mademoiselle Charlotte Martenot, a young women of extraordinary charisma, took over the running of the firm and its reputation continued to grow. And so, with each passing generation, Maison François Martenot, the worthy heir of its illustrious founders, extended its business activities to take in every Bourgogne and Beaujolais appellation.
In 2015, the Helfrich Family forged ties with Bourgogne and gave the Maison François Martenot a new vision. This acquisition marked a key period in our constant striving for quality. The investments made by the Helfrich Family enable the Maison François Martenot to combine age-old regional expertise and cutting-edge technical modernity with the aim of spreading its reputation within France and further afiel